Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MeDiocriTy

I am in the annual throes of "Oh-my-heck-I'm-never-going-to-get-everything-done-before-Christmas-and-it-has-to-be-PERFECT for each child-I'm-freaking out and exhausted!"
Good times. I had to go and have not one, but TWO December children. Add strep x 3 of us so far, and it's been a super-special week.
Then I read this today. Read, and carry on, with hope :)

"Our responsibility is to rise from mediocrity to competence, from failure to achievement. Our task is to become our best selves. One of God’s greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final." (Thomas S. Monson, "Never Give Up", New Era, Sept. 1994)


1 comment:

Lesley said...

I love that quote from President Monson... thanks for sharing it. I can't imagine that you do anything mediocre.