Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Boys and Music

Ryan's piano duet with his teacher...
Both boys singing a Mary Poppins Medley (hence the fake soot on Ry!)
Ty's show choir debut with a rousing "Jekyll and Hyde" medley. (I got in big trouble with Jillian for snapping this picture during the performance...apparently that is a huge faux pas....oh well!) Points if you can see him in the back!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that all of my kids adore music. They all play an instrument. They all sing. They all have a HUGE assortment of music on their iPods...from Frank Sinatra to Queen to Billy Joel to Bach. From Ella Fitzgerald to Metallica to anything Broadway. It's a beautiful thing. It was the happiest thing for me to see both of my boys on stage next to each other singing and dancing away! My fondest wish is to hear them sing something together...perhaps a duet in Sacrament meeting??? Wouldn't that be delightful!?

3 comments:

Lilian said...

What a great post! It's so great to see kids enjoy REALLY GOOD music and appreciate it as well!! I love the Ipod selection too!

Bea said...

Good for them. Music is fun. Especially the show tunes. I'm sure the Ward music director would be happy to know there are volunteers, even if it is their Mom who volunteers them :o)
I went to Davis High last night for marching band competition and as there were schools from Utah Valley there I wondered which school your boys go to?
What a great supportive Mom you are.

Lesley said...

How about a duet at the family Christmas party!?! I'd love to hear them sing. Music is a huge priority in our family. We love it, love it, love it....