Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life is Good


I saw this story on the Today Show this morning. Couple of guys made a t-shirt with this picture on it, and, of course, ended up making millions.
This resonated with me though. I am, by nature, a pessimist. I don't like this about myself. It isn't attractive. I constantly struggle with seeing the glass half-empty, expecting the worst, being frustrated with my lot. I did jump on the "gratitude journal" bandwagon a few years ago and did it every day for, oh, a week. Then once a month. Then stopped. You know how it goes.
However, if one chooses to say "life is good" every day, wouldn't you think that life would actually BE good? They interviewed tons of people who went to chemo,weathered natural disasters etc while wearing these shirts. I googled it, went to their website, only to discover to my dismay that one t-shirt would set me back THIRTY DOLLARS. What the heck is that?
So. I plan to start every day from now on saying "Life Is Good!" Won't take five minutes like picking up a pen and journal. Only takes about 1.5 seconds to say it! My beautiful friend Kristen does this, I'm sure. I want to be just like her :)

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Great idea!!! I think I'll give it a try!

Front Porch Friend. said...

I'm pretty sure that you're artistic enough to pull out a few sharpies and draw on a plain white tee from Walmart if you really want a shirt like that. Thanks for the reminder...we need a little more 'life is good' philosophy around here lately!