Thursday, July 3, 2008

This Is The Place





The Girls and I went to This Is The Place Heritage Park this morning. We hadn't been there for about 10 years. Oops. It's under new management, and is a really fun place! We rode the train, had a covered wagon ride, Grace weaved a basket, went to school, rode a horse and didn't pet a sheep. Jill petted a sheep. And a goat.
This is the Mormon version of Williamsburg...real families dressed up as pioneers doing pioneery stuff...hanging laundry, dyeing wool, beating rugs, sittin' on the porch chatting. It was awesome. We actually spent over 3 hours there, and didn't even get bored or mind the heat. Much. I highly recommend it for a field trip!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

I took my boys there a few years ago. I suppose I need to take them again. It was pretty cool how everyone there was in character as if they actually were living there. Have you ever gone there during Christmas? It's really neat then too!

Karalee said...

I haven't been during Christmas, but I've always wanted to! I'll try to make that happen this year...