Fifteen years ago today, Ryan was born. Andrew was still a student at the University of Utah while working full time. I worked the whole pregnancy at American Express (4:30am start time!) and we built our house in Lehi. We moved in when Ry was 6 weeks old.
He came into the world by C-section...and aspirated some fluid on the way out. He spent his first 24 hours of life under an oxygen box. I didn't get to hold him until he was more than a day old. It was unbearable. But he quickly turned it around and has really never been sick since!
Here are 15 things that I love about him:
1. He is brilliant and loves to learn!
2. He is a hysterical germ-o-phobe. Sadly, some of us like to torture him with germs:)
3. He doesn't mind that I can't seem to stop calling him "baby." (well he WAS my baby for 8 years until Grace came along...now they both answer to the moniker)
4. He manages his time wisely. He's great at chipping away at assignments and never is slapping things together at the last minute.
5. He has a beautiful, sensitive heart.
6. He's our go-to-guy for figuring out anything electronic.
7. He's infinitely patient with Grace (he plays Princess Monopoly and Mastermind with her every Sunday!)
8. He is always kind
9. He comes to Primary with me and "performs" his Chinese language ability
10. He loves to read
11. He loves healthy food
12. He never complains about what I fix for dinner. He just eats it :)
13. He has a savant-like memory for numbers
14. He never misses a good-night hug
15. He never misses an opportunity to say "I love you!"
Happy 15th birthday my sweet boy. I love you more every minute of every day. You are absolutely a gift and a blessing to our family. And to me in particular. You make me glad to be a mother. I can't wait to see what amazing things you will do and be in the years to come!
1 year ago