Monday, November 24, 2008

Singing with Grace

I bought the latest Taylor Swift CD. Grace and I have been listening to it in the car. Right away she identified the songs that she liked, and we have to listen to them over and over. "Go to number 3!" is what she usually says before I even turn the key to start the car...Here is what you would hear if you were lucky enough to be traveling with us:
(Grace and I both singing at the top of our lungs)
"We were both young na na I first saw you
I close my eyes
And the unn nn starts
I'm standing there
On a balcony in na na air

See the lights,
See the da na da da gowns
See you unn nn na na the crowd
And say hello
da na did i know

That you were romeo you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said stay away from juliet
da da na na on the staircase
Begging you please don’t go, and i said

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I’ll be waiting da da na na na na run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess
Its a love story baby just say yes!"

It goes on, but I won't torture you anymore. It absolutely cracks me up that she and I both can't figure out the exact same words...and wind up "da na na-ing" until we come to a word we remember.
I love her so much.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Hee hee hee. I love listening to Grace sing! :) Actually this is really funny because just yesterday that same song came on my ipod and I was singing along just like you guys!But then I had to stop the song, start it over, and sing along looking at the lyrics on my computer. ;)

American Homemaker said...

LOL... I love Taylor Swift and I sing just like you :) I'll pull up lyrics online sometimes just so I can get the words right to the songs I sing all the time.

I was mad though when I bought my CD... the version of You're Just Another Picture to burn has some of the lyrics changed from the radio. I wouldn't have bought it if I wouldn've known.

Front Porch Friend. said...

Cassidy's friend Cody is here and he wants to tell you that he knows all the word to Taylor Swift Song #3. You can google them and then sing along with ALL the words...unless you are having fun with the da-na-na's.