Sunday, February 15, 2009

Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti......

Tyler tried out for his High School "Show Choir." Like a lot of schools, choir is pretty popular at our school. The "Encore" show choir is the elite of the group. (It was called "Madrigals" at my High School.)
Well, after the grueling try outs (solo, sight reading, dancing, interview etc.) we waited for over a week for the decision. He has a beautiful bass voice, but it's hard to tell how you did on the other tests!? Last week, they came and dragged him out of bed and to school in his jammies to celebrate his acceptance into the group. He had to wear this sign around his neck all day. Of course, he refused to let me document a single moment of the experience with the camera. I was lucky that he saved the sign for me. Sigh. He's going to be sorry someday when there are NO pictures of him. I'm guessing that he'll be sporting a selective memory and will undoubtedly blame me for favoring the other kids over him. Right.
So his Senior year is going to be a blast! Way to go son.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Tyler!! That's fantastic news! I agree, one day he'll wish that there were more photos.... But, my hubb might wish that there were less of him, so we'll just have to wait and see! Also, thanks for the comment on my blog. =) I'm absolutely planning on spreading the word on whether we're having a boy or a girl!!! =)

Bea said...

So..... did he get to come home and dress or did he have to go around in his jammies all day also?
Way to go Tyler. Have fun.

Lilian said...

Way to go Tyler!! And how lucky is he to get away with the no picture thing. My boys would suffer me following all over until I get the picture!

angie said...

That's so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Just wanted to say thanks so much for all of your love and support! I can't wait to see you guys in April!! =)