Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trees. Should. Not. Be. Inside. The. House.

Remember our new puppy, Snickers? She's 4 months old. She has been pretty-mostly-basically-potty trained for about a month now. We still have to remind her regularly, but have not had accidents of the pee variety for over a month...poo here or there but usually because we forget to take her outside. She still sits quietly next to the back door when she needs to go out. I'm desperately trying to teach her to SCRATCH on the door, because accidents do happen when we don't notice her sitting there quietly like a little princess.
Enter one Christmas Tree. SHE THINKS SHE IS OUTSIDE WHEN SHE IS NEAR IT. We've had the evergreen standing in our house for 3 days now, and she has consistently left lovely presents of BOTH varieties near it every day.
Perhaps if she bothered to wrap them in brightly colored paper and add a bow it would be less offensive.
How can you get angry with her? Her perception is logical, if a little skewed. It is a fake tree, after all. Clearly she's not the sharpest knife in the family drawer.

5 comments:

Bea said...

Thank you for reminding me why we do not have pets. As soon as someone finds a dog that will "go" and then flush, let me know. :o)

Lilian said...

I see how this can be a problem. Poor Snckers! This is funny though!

Anonymous said...

So cute and so frustrating!! One day she will really truly be potty trained. I was told that shih tzu's are one of the hardest dogs to potty train, so congrats on such good progress so far. :) I have a question/favor: Would you be able/willing to babysit my little man the morning of my dad's birthday? Let me know! Thanks!! :) See you in a week!!

Lesley said...

Cute post! You wrote it so well, and it made me LOL when I got to the part about "wrapping" the gifts.

American Homemaker said...

LOL our cat just wants to climb the dang tree