Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Maybe Always Means No

Grace has slept in Ry's bed for the last 2 nights since he's gone to BYU. She misses him, but is also jazzed by sleeping in a different place. Tyler has been sleeping on the family room floor because it's too hot to live OR sleep upstairs.
She and Ty just had this conversation as he was tucking her into bed:
G: Will you sleep in here with me tonight?
T: Maybe.
G: Sigh. Maybe always means no.
T: Well maybe I will just to prove you wrong!
G: (quickly and perkily and with a big smile) OK!!!

Ty comes in to my room chuckling and shaking his head. "I was just served by a 7 year old!" He's convinced that she reverse-psychologied him.

All Jill and I could think is how tragic that she's disillusioned enough to know by now that maybe always means no. Sad day.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

Come to think of it, she's right. That is sad :-(